2 bedroom retirement property for sale




  • 13'1'ft Master Bedroom
  • 17'6'ft Lounge Diner With Full Height Window & Juliette Balcony
  • 75% Shared Ownership
  • Beautifully Maintained Communal Gardens & Parking
  • Communal Lounge and On Site Restaurant
  • Entrance Hall With a Storage Cupboard
  • Jack and Jill Wet Room
  • Modern Fitted Kitchen Ample With Storage Space
  • Two Bedroom Retirement Flat For Over 60's
  • Walking Distance to Riverside Park & Local Shops and Cafes


An exclusive development for over 60's which has been designed to offer the best comfort and luxury retirement living with an on-site restaurant, well-presented communal lounge and reception hall, beautifully kept gardens and a communal parking area for the residents. The development is situated within a highly requested location of Beech Avenue in Bitterne Park which is within a close range to local amenities including shops, pubs and cafes, Riverside Park providing a perfect setting for a relaxing riverside walk and transport links to the Southampton City Centre. The property itself features an entrance hall with two storage cupboards, 18'1'ft lounge diner with a Juliette balcony and full height window, modern fitted kitchen, two double bedrooms including a 13'2'ft master bedroom and a wet room. The development also features a guest bedroom and a well-equipped laundry room, full wheelchair access, two lifts and an emergency alarm system. 

Shared Ownership: The purchase is for 75% share whilst the remaining 25% belongs to Saxon Weald.

Entrance Hall
Smooth finish to coved ceiling, double glazed window to rear aspect, storage cupboard, doors leading to:

Lounge Diner
10' 6\" (3.20m) x 17' 6\" (5.33m):
Smooth finish to coved ceiling, double glazed window and Juliette balcony to front aspect, electric heather, open to:

7' 7\" (2.31m) x 9' 8\" (2.95m):
Smooth finish to coved ceiling, a range of wall and base drawer units with work surface over, stainless steel sink and drainer inset with tiled splash backs, integrated electric oven and hob with extractor over, space for fridge freezer.

Master Bedroom
9' 7\" (2.92m) x 13' 1\" (3.99m):
Smooth finish to coved ceiling, double glazed window to front aspect, electric heater, doors leading to:

Wet Room
Smooth finish to coved ceiling, obscured double glazed window to side aspect, WC, hand wash basin with tiling in principle areas, mains fed shower, electric heater.

Bedroom Two
8' 2\" (2.49m) x 10' 1\" (3.07m) into wardrobe:
Smooth finish to coved ceiling, double glazed windows to rear aspect, fitted wardrobes, electric heater.

Maintenance and Ground Rent Charges: 
The apartment, occupation of which is restricted to persons of 60 years of age or over, is held for a term of 125 years from and including 1 February 2009. The service charge including ground rent and support charge is stated by Saxon Weald Housing Limited to be £469.50 per month and includes provision of water supply, insurance of the building, communal cleaning and catering overheads cost of the Scheme Manager and emergency contact

The property forms part of an established residential area of mixed calibre housing situated at the junction of Beech Avenue and Midanbury Lane. The property is within easy reach of Bitterne Road West, the principal arterial route linking Southampton City centre with the eastern suburbs and Junction 8 of the M27. Bitterne shopping centre, which incorporates 29 Rosebrook Court, 2 Beech Avenue, Southampton, SO18 4HS 3 branches of Sainsbury and Iceland, is about 1.6km (1 mile) distant. Southampton City centre is about 3.6km (2.2 miles) distant. Public transport services pass along Bitterne Road and connect to all parts of the City. The nearest railway station at Bitterne is 0.9km (0.6 miles) distant. Access to the motorway network at Junction 8 of the M27 is about 6.4km (4 miles) distant.


Retirement Property
Property reference